I asked some colleagues to playtest my game in order to make sure:
- It has the same speed on their computers
- It doesn't crash nor miss some DLL library
What I did notice was that the Debug version works fine, but the Release has a problem in that 64-bit operating systems need the 64-bit version of some DLL's in order to work (the 32-bit version was not good enough). I haven't found any easy way to solve it yet. In most cases the operating system already has the right version, so for now I'm solving it by including the DLL's in the distribution along with some troubleshooting instructions.
Another thing that did happen however, was one of my colleagues, the graphics artist Lorenzo, wanting to improve my 'coder graphics' and offering to remake some textures. I happily accepted the offer and new gfx are in the works. So far, a new ship, logo and force field icons have been made. Great job by Lorenzo, who is now also included in the credits.